Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Keeping It Classy At The RNC

Usually when I do something heinously idiotic I prefer to do it alone. That way no one can report to my friends or family that I've committed a gravely embarrassing act. The last place I would choose to perform some ignorant act is in front of a television crew. Just sayin'.

That is why this baffles me so much. We all know the Republican party hosts it's fair share of idiots and that many of them are racist to boot but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Why would one of these types, even giving them slack for being an idiot racist, choose to hurl an ignorant bigoted comment at an African-American camerawoman working for CNN!

Here's the deal. Apparently an attendee at the Republican National Convention thought it would be a hilarious idea to throw peanuts at a black CNN camerawoman and say, "this is how we feed the animals."

I understand that many right winger Republicans are unashamed and even proud of of being idiot racists but come on now! All I can come up with is that the person saw it was CNN and thought nobody would see!

When several news agencies asked CNN for a comment the cable news organization said: "CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum earlier this afternoon," they finished the statement by saying "CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment."

Veteran reporter David Shuster who works for Current TV even tweeted about the incident:
I wonder if the GOP are still at all puzzled as to why they received 0 percent of the black vote in a recent NBC poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment