Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tea Party Favorite Victoria Jackson Thinks Pregnancy Resulting From Rape Is A Joke

It was only a few weeks ago that Todd Akin uttered the fateful phrase: "From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin then went on tho say… "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down".

So I think at this point we can rest assured that Todd Akin is either bat shit crazy or just incredibly ignorant (or both).

Now Victoria Jackson I am pretty sure is just bat shit crazy. Jackson, who is a former "Saturday Night Live" cast member and current right wing conservative activist, said some absolutely mind shatteringly stupid things in defense of Todd Akin's comments regarding rape and abortion.

While being interviewed for SiriusXM OutQ radio program at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla Jackson actually had the insensitivity and audacity to say this: "The Todd Akin thing was so blown out of proportion -- it's a joke,"

If she had only stopped there.

Jackson went on to say: "How many times do people get pregnant from rape? It's point zero zero one percent. It's a joke. I read lots of articles. I know people, because I'm 53. I've know a lot of people, and I've actually never known anyone who got pregnant from being raped…"

And guess what
?" she continued. "If I got raped, I would have the baby. And if I didn't want to keep it because I had these horrible nightmares, I would adopt it out. But I think that God can turn a bad thing into a good thing. And that, if I got raped and a beautiful baby who was innocent was born out of it, that would be a blessing. The DNA of a baby is individual. It's not the mother's DNA. It's not the father's DNA. And that's why I believe abortion is murder, because it's not the woman's body. It has it's own DNA. If there's a boy baby inside of me, he has a penis. That's not my body."

This is the person that the Tea Party/Pro-life movement has chosen to be one of their most prominent spokespeople.

'Nuff Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment