Saturday, July 18, 2015

Trump Slams McCain For Being ‘Captured’ In Vietnam; Says "He's Not A War Hero"

Today in Ames, Iowa Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump tore into decorated Vietnam war veteran Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). 

While at the at the Family Leadership Summit, in front of about 3000 rabid social conservative activists, Trump stated that McCain, who served over five years in a Vietnamese prison camp, was "not a war hero" because he was captured.

Here are Trump's exact words...

He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, OK? I hate to tell you.

During the Vietnamese conflict Trump received five draft deferments. In other words, Trump is an all star "draft dodger". When asked about his multiple student deferments and a medical deferment, which allowed him to avoid service, Trump said...

I was going to college and got student deferments. It’s a long time ago, student deferments and ultimately a medical deferment because of my feet. I had a bone spur.

If this doesn't end Trump’s ugly, narcissistic, pandering, fake, vanity presidential bid I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment