Friday, September 11, 2015

Trump Mocks Fellow Republican Carly Fiorina's Looks… Unsurprisingly Nothing Happens

One would think "The Donald" would have a finite number of political lives. This however appears to not be the case as his big mouth once again embarked on what would appear to be yet another campaign ending gaffe-gurgitation.

This time Trump, while being interviewed by Rolling Stone magazine, mocked the physical appearance of fellow Republican U.S. presidential candidate Carly Fiorina. The magazine reported that while on his private jet watching television Fiorina appeared on the screen prompting Trump to turn to the associates surrounding him and say 

"Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" 

Carly Fiorina, the failed president of consumer products sector at Lucent and CEO Hewlett-Packard, is the only woman running Republicans in a field of 16 men vying for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

In response to Trump's remarks Fiorina, in an interview on Fox News' The Kelly File, said

"Well, I think those comments speak for themselves. And all of the many, many, many thousands of voters out there that are helping me climb in the polls, yes, they're very serious. Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting under his skin a little bit because I am climbing in the polls,"

Trump, while also on Fox News, offered this as his excuse…

"Probably I did say something like that about Carly. I'm talking about persona. I'm not talking about look...The fact is I probably did say that about Carly … in a jocular manner, obviously,"

"Persona" Yeah, I'm not buying it either.

At this time Trump, leads all the other Republican candidates in the polls by a large margin. My prediction is this misogynistic slip up, that would end any other contenders run, will not put a dent his standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment