Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Donald Trump Says Something Stupid #17: Trump Questions Clinton's Religion (VIDEO)

Yesterday presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump met with a group of over one hundred evangelical leaders. Not having much in common with these folk the "birther king" decided to trot out the trusty Republican play book and run the "question your opponent's religion" play just for fun. After all it worked so well on President Obama so why not give it a try?

So, in the middle of his usual rant, he suddenly raised suspicions about Hillary Clinton’s commitment to her Christian faith saying "we don’t know anything about Hillary in terms of religion”.

He then said that he doesn’t believe there is enough public information about her religious beliefs.

She’s been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there’s no, nothing out there. There’s like nothing out there. It’s going to be an extension of Obama, but it’s going to be worse, because with Obama you had to have your guard up. With Hillary you don’t and it’s going to be worse.

Watch the bullshittery here...


An extension of Obama... but worse!!!! Heavens! What could worse than a Muslim!?!?!

Oh... Hey, wait a second!

A simple check of “Hillary Clinton religion” with the Google machine shows that she is a Methodist Christian who grew up in a Methodist household, and taught adult Sunday school classes at her parish.

She even opened up about her faith on the campaign trail earlier this year at a town hall in Iowa when a member of the audience asked her to comment about her views on Christianity and the Bible...

I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am a Methodist. I have been raised Methodist. I feel very grateful for the instructions and support I received starting in my family but through my church." She continued "My study of the Bible, my many conversations with people of faith, has led me to believe the most important commandment is to love the Lord with all your might and to love your neighbor as yourself, and that is what I think we are commanded by Christ to do,” 

It's not my cup of tea but at least she sounds genuine.

And let's be real here! Trump is perhaps the last person who should be questioning others’ faith lest we forget his Two Corinthians disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment