Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pope Francis Says Christians Should Apologize To The LGBT Community... No Really!!!!

There are many things I never thought I'd never live to see.

Historical, cultural or scientific occurrences that surpass what we believe our society is actually capable of achieving.

Things so fantastical and unthinkably wonderful that a person just resign themselves to knowing these events will not take place in their lifetimes.

Some examples of events I never though would happen in my lifetime: The fall of the Berlin wall, the dissolution of the Soviet Union, a black man becoming the President of the United States, David lee Roth coming back to front Van Halen after the affront that was Van-Hagar!

But I digress.

Once in a blue moon one of these events actually happens and the feeling of wonderment is overwhelming.

Well, one of those things just happened again!

The Pope has said Christians need to apologize to the homosexual community!!!!

You read that right! Pope Francis last Sunday actually stated at a press conference aboard the papal plane that Christians should apologize to gay people!

The Pope's remark was in response to a reporter asking whether he agreed with German Cardinal Reinhard Marx who, in the wake of the Orlando shooting, said gays deserve an apology from the Church?

The Pope responded with these words...

"I repeat what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says: that they must not be discriminated against, that they must be respected and accompanied pastorally. The Church must ask forgiveness for not behaving many times -- when I say the Church, I mean Christians! The Church is holy, we are sinners! I believe that the church not only should apologize to the person who is gay whom it has offended but has to apologize to the poor, to exploited women, to children exploited for labor; it has to ask forgiveness for having blessed many weapons."
"One can condemn, but not for theological reasons, but for reasons of political behavior... Certain manifestations are a bit too offensive for others, no? But these are things that have nothing to do with the problem. The question is a person that has a condition, that has good will and who seeks God, who are we to judge?"

HOLY (fill in the blank)!!!

And I thought he broke my brain when in 2013 when asked the rhetorical question "Who am I to judge gay people?"... but this has taken it to a whole 'notha level!

I may be godless but I love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment