Saturday, July 30, 2016

Donald Trump Attacks Khizr Khan And His Wife, Claims He's The One That "Made A Lot Of Sacrifices"... Can't Name One. (VIDEO)

Last week the father and mother of purple Heart recipient Army Captain Humayun Khan, who lost his life fighting for America in the Iraqi war gave a heart wrenching speech at the Democratic National Convention that left not only the attendees of the DNC in tears but the media covering the event as well.

Khizr khan and his wife Ghazala at the DNC

During the emotionally charged address Khizr Khan, Captain Khan's father, issued a direct statement to the Republican nominee Donald Trump...

Let me ask you, have you even read the U.S. Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy,” he said as his wife stood by his side. “Look for the words ‘liberty’ and ‘equal protection of law.’ Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending this country... You have sacrificed nothing,

Trump faced with this undeniable truth was unable to contain himself and felt compelled to hit back at Khizr Khan's indisputable inditement that he had "sacrificed nothing". So during an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos published Saturday, Trump made it a point to say that he had sacrificed "a lot" in his life...

I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I’ve done― I’ve had― I’ve had tremendous success. I think I’ve done a lot.

After Trump's insipid statement Stephanopoulos interjected an obvious question asking Trump “Those are sacrifices?”. Not being possessed with the ability to feel shame or empathy Trump replied...

Oh sure, I think they’re sacrifices,

Watch the shamelessness here...

Click image for video

Trump then proceeded to tout his million dollar "donation" to veterans’ charities. Leave it to Trump to equate his loss of money with the loss of a families child.

Fact Check: Trump Donated a promised $1 million to charity in May, several months after he initially claimed to have done so and only after coming under media scrutiny that shamed him into it.

After the grotesque comparison the Donald was not yet done shaming himself. He then went onto imply that Khizr Khan's wife Ghazala wasn’t allowed to speak at the convention...

If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,

A clear stereotyping of Muslims implying that Ms. Khan was not allowed to speak due to her religion.

In interview on ABC today when Ghazala Khan heard Trump's remarks she said it caused her to be "in pain”...

"Please. I am very upset when I heard when he said that I didn't say anything. I was in pain. If you were in pain you fight or you don't say anything, I’m not a fighter, I can't fight. So the best thing I do was quiet,"

In addition to that Ghazala "spoke" on last night's interview on MSNBC’s “The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" in which she recounted the heartbreaking words she shared with her slain son when he called her on Mother's Day when she asked him to...

"be safe, and don’t become hero for me, just be my son, come back as a son.’ He came back as a hero.

To hear "her speak" you can do so starting at time 5:15 of the clip below...

Click image for video

As if it weren't enough to be so grotesquely wrong on so many fronts Trump finished off his screed against the gold star family by suggesting that Khizr Khan's remarks were not his own but were instead written by Hillary Clinton’s campaign. The Khan's have told the media on several occasions that the DNC allowed him to say whatever he wanted.

Can Trump sink any lower. My guess is yes but it will take a serious effort to lower the bar on this repulsive exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment