|SURPRISE! Turns out former Soviet counterintelligence officer Rinat Akhmetshin was at Don Jr.'s party!|
This has now become comical.
How many lies can you tell about a single meeting? If you are the Trumps it becomes like a Rubic's cube. The truth can be twisted and twisted again into an almost infinite number of combinations or as in this case untruths.
Let's take for instance the scandal du jour... Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Kremlin connected lawyer with ties to Putin who promised to give him damaging information about Hillary Clinton's campaign that had been gathered by Russian intelligence agencies at a meeting in Trump tower.
• First, there was no meeting #FakeNews #WitchHunt.
• Then there was a meeting but it was with an adoption advocate.
• Then there was a meeting and it was with a Russian lawyer who was adoption advocate.
• Then there was a meeting with a Russian lawyer who was an adoption advocate named Natalia Veselnitskaya with no ties to the Kremlin.
• Then there was a meeting with a Russian lawyer who was an adoption advocate named Natalia Veselnitskaya and she did have ties to the Kremlin.
• Then there was a meeting with a Russian lawyer who was an adoption advocate named Natalia Veselnitskaya with ties to the Kremlin but nothing to do with damaging information on Hillary Clinton.
• Then there was a meeting with a Russian lawyer who was an adoption advocate named Natalia Veselnitskaya with ties to the Kremlin who promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton but never delivered.
• Then Jared Kushner was there.
• Then Paul Manafort was there.
• Then there were no emails about the meeting.
• Then there were emails but Don Jr. released them for the sake of transparency.
• Then there were emails but they weren't released for transparency but because the New York Tmes were going to release them and Trump Jr. wanted to get it out so he could claim he was being transparent.
• Then Donald Trump said his son was a "quality person" and it didn't matter because no information switched hands so it was a "nothing burger".
• Then the Trump administration had known about it all along as it had received the email three weeks prior to Trump Jr. releasing them.
• Then, Anatoli Samochornov, a Russian-born American translator was in the meeting.
• And now Anatoli Samochornov, a Russian-born American translator, claims there were more people at the meeting including a former Russian-American Military counter intelligence agent named Rinat Akhmetshin.
• This former Russian-American Military counter intelligence agent named Rinat Akhmetshin claimed there were an additional seventh and an eighth attendees in the room whom he says he can't/won't identify.
• And on top of that the former Russian-American Military counter intelligence agent named Rinat Akhmetshin claims that the Russian lawyer/adoption advocate Natalia Veselnitskaya handed a folder to Don Jr. the contents of which he did not ascertain!
FACT CHECK: Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who was a supposed adoption advocate really wasn't. Her main objective is to repeal an American sanction placed on the Russians named the "Magnitsky Act" which main intention was to punish Russian officials, mostly Russian President Vladimir Putin's friends and associates, who were thought to be responsible for the death of Sergei Magnitsky by prohibiting their entrance to the United States and their use of its banking system.
So who is Ranit Akhmetshin?
Akhmetshin, 50, is a lobbyist and former Soviet military officer who holds dual Russian-American citizenship. He has spent decades embedded in several high-stakes lobbying campaigns on behalf of the former Soviet Union.
Akhmetshin confirmed that he had participated in the meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort, amid a lobbying campaign against the Magnitsky Act, legislation passed in 2012 that barred several Russian officials accused of human rights abuses from entering the U.S. and infuriated Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Just how sleazy is Akhmetshin?
Just last April he was the subject of a letter that Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, sent to Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly as part of an investigation into potential violations committed by the lobbyist under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
Oh yeah, a U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., was told in July 2015 that Akhmetshin had arranged the hacking of a mining company’s private records and then disseminating them....
SOUND LIKE ANYTHING TO YOU!?!?!?!
As for the info that was given to Trump Jr., Akhmetshin said he thinks she left print-outs detailing an alleged flow of illicit funds to the Democratic National Committee. According to Akhmetshin, Trump Jr. asked whether the lawyer had all the evidence to back up her claims and Veselnitskaya said the Trump campaign would have to do further research themselves.
By the way, when Akhmetshin attended the now large gathering at Trump Tower he told the Associated Press that he didn’t expect his meeting with Trump Jr. to be a “big deal”, says he wore jeans and a t-shirt and was not asked for ID or whom he was with when he entered the building!
Perhaps he was a regular at Trump's Tower?
So, have I left anything out? If I haven't let me assure you Donald Trump, his son and everyone in his administration have as there will be more shoes to drop on this Russian-American collusion horror story.