Thursday, August 31, 2017

Trump Removes Rape And Sexual Assault Call To Action Report From White House's Website


For reasons known only to Donald Trump he has had his administration remove a 2014 report on sexual violence from the White House website.

Alexandra Brodsky, a civil rights attorney and co-founder of anti-sexual violence organization KnowYourIX, noticed that the “Rape And Sexual Assault: Renewed Call To Action” report had been taken down.

Brodsky said she had been...

looking for it because I’m working on briefing for a client who’s a survivor and was looking for some literature about the impact of sexual violence and that’s been a really helpful resource for that kind of research. But it was no longer on the White House website. It’s not anywhere on the White House website.

The report was created under the Obama administration by the 2014 White House Council on Women and Girls in partnership with then-Vice President Joe Biden.

The report consisted mainly of nonpartisan facts about sexual violence including sexual assault statistics and different ways the criminal justice system and college campuses can improve in combatting sexual and gender violence.

Brodsky said she could only speculate on why the Trump administration doesn’t want the public to have that information but does believe it reaffirms the administration’s lack of concern on combating sexual violence.

Brodsky added that the removal of the report is a discouragement from action by the Trump administration which is presently considering undermining important policies for survivors like those reaffirmed by the Obama administration regarding Title IX.

The White House has not commented on why the government-funded work that was done to understand the causes and effects of sexual and gender violence had been removed.

The report can still be found on KnowYourIX’s website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment