Trump began his day hurling a series of ugly, embarrassing, sexist and low-class insults at female host Mika Brzezinsk in which he remarked on both her intellect and physical appearance.
Here are the two bizarre tweets Trump fired off at 5:52am
* It is at this point where I like to play my favorite game: "What Would Happen If Presedent Obama Did This?"
While in the tweets Trump claimed not to watch their show, it was obvious that he was responding to criticism from the hosts about him.
Apparently what set Trump off was that Morning Joe host, Joe Scarborough, criticized the White House over a Politico report detailing the way Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was treated by Trump’s son in law, Jared Kushner. It was reported that after Tillerson yelled at top Trump aides for undermining him and holding up State Department appointees Kushner reportedly told the Secretary of State that the incident was “unprofessional.”
But what really set the man baby off was when Brzezinski said the president's Twitter habits were "not normal behavior."
I guess he decided it was time to set her straight by proving her 100 percent correct.
After Trump’s tweets MSNBC released a statement declaring…
“It's a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job."
As we all remember Trump has a long, storied history of body-shaming and publicly humiliating women...
• As the owner of the Miss Universe pageant in 1996, he insulted Venezuelan contestant Alicia Machado when he mocked her weight gain by calling her “Miss Piggy” and demeaned her heritage naming her “Miss Housekeeping.”
• In 2013, in an interview with Headline News, Trump body shamed Kim Kardashian and stated that she shouldn’t dress like she weighed 120 pounds.
• Trump has called comedian Rosie O’Donnell “fat” and a “slob,”
• Trump insulted fellow presidential candidate Carly Fiorina’s appearance. “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?” he told Rolling Stone in an interview.
• Trump also insulted Senator Ted Cruz’s wife, Heidi, when he reposting an image on his Twitter account insulting her appearance after threatening to "spill the beans" on her."
• During his primary campaign, when Megyn Kelly, then at Fox News, asked then candidate Trump about his treatment of women. When Trump deemed that line of questioning was out of bounds he said of Kelly: "She starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions, and you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever.".
And lest we forget that during the 2016 campaign Trump was forced to apologize after The Washington Post published a 2005 tape in which he openly bragged about being able to grab women “by the pussy” because he was a celebrity.
For their part the White House stood by and defended Trump’s heinous tweets by sending the female deputy press secretary to take the flak for him. Sanders, when asked about the attack on Bryzinski, played Trump as the victim saying he had been attacked more than any other president in history and that...
“When he gets attacked he'll attack back”
At this point one must wonder what Trump’s wife Melania, who had pledged to take on cyberbullying as first lady is doing… Here’s what's she's doing… She sent out her female communications director Stephanie Grisham to release a statement to take the flak...
"As the First Lady has stated publicly in the past, when her husband gets attacked, he will punch back 10 times harder,"
It was less than two months ago that Trump offered to officiate their wedding when Scarborough and Brzezinski announced their engagement.
FACT CHECK: Here is a picture of Mika Brzezinski on New Years Eve...